, Although there are many type of bracelet and link types, the cotter pin style is one of the most popular. The video above is a walk-through of how to remove (or add) links to a watch bracelet of this type.
Some of the tools used are:
- Bracelet block to hold the watch bracelet on its side while it is being worked on, actual block and pin drivers set used in the video is a Bergeon 7744-1 Bracelet Pin tool kit
- A small vice with a pin attachment, as an alternative to a bracelet block (optional)
- A small watchmakers hammer
- A small brass hammer (optional)
- A small driver pin to push the pins out of the bracelet and push them back in after re-sizing.
As always, if you are looking for professional help feel free to reach out anytime.